Preleased, also known as pre-rented property are properties leased to a tenant first and later on sold in the market. The lease also gets transferred to the new owner with the transfer of property. Following which, the new owner enjoys the lease rent every month.
Majority of the preleased properties are provided to the bank. For example, Mr Sharma has a 2500 square feet of a shop which he leased to a bank. The bank pays him a rent of Rupees 1.5 lacs. Now, Mr Sharma decides to sell off the shop to Mr Chopra for Rupees 1.2 Crores. So, according to the new arrangement, the bank will pay a rent of Rupees 1.5 lacs to Mr Chopra from now onwards.
Similarly, there are various other preleased properties available for sale. They can be rented for building shopping malls, hotels, restaurants or for other commercial purposes. Once the owner sells off the preleased property to another owner, the rent of the preleased property needs to be paid to the new owner.
If you are looking for preleased properties for constructing a bank, you can find them online. For example, if you are from Faridabad, you have to look for preleased property to banks in Faridabad. From the list of available properties, you can choose the one which suits your budget and other requirements. If you are looking for properties to suit other purposes, then search for preleased property for sale in Faridabad and choose a property that meets all your criterion.
There are various advantages of preleased properties. They are described below:
- Regular income: The general investments in preleased properties are long term. Therefore, if you have taken the property on loan, you can refund all your EMIs with the regular rent you receive.
- The building of Capital: The rent received will help in funding the cost of the purchase when you decide to buy a new property.
- Easy liquidity: Real estate investments are illiquid. But if you have properties on rent, it is easier to sell them off.
- Maintenance of Property: You do not need to worry about the maintenance of the leased property. The entire maintenance is done by the tenant.
- Taxes: Municipal taxes are an important factor in real estate investments. With the regular rent, you can also pay back the taxes easily.
Few important things you need to keep in mind before investing in preleased properties. They are as follows.
- Property and location: Look for properties which are easy to sell off in case the tenants move out. Ground floors are easier to sell off at appropriate locations which are well communicated.
- Tenant: Associate with tenants who have a stable business and with whom you can plan for long-term investments.
- Price: Preleased properties are usually priced over the similar properties present in the area. Therefore, if you are taking an older property on a lease you must negotiate to the best of your ability. If it’s a new project, still try to negotiate to equate with the market price.
Seek help from professionals or asset management experts who can get you a preleased property at the best price!